Sunday, November 11, 2012

Natural Anti-biotic "Russian Penicillin"

I've been studying natural remedies for several years now, and this one seems to take the cake for multi-purpose treatment.  I've seen it prepared so many ways, I could write a book on just that.  This way is the fastest, which suits my busy life perfectly.  Some use blenders, some boil the concoction, etc... and while it's rumored that that can unlock some of the potency, I'm a firm believer in the benefits of full blown enzymatic action, which is lost when heating foods higher than 118°F.  There are books written about the medicinal power of garlic, and some cultures have sworn by it for centuries.  Grapefruit juice has compounds called furanocoumarins that inhibit digestive enzymes from breaking down medications, leaving more to be fully absorbed into the body.  That's why a good nurse will tell you not to eat grapefruit or drink grapefruit juice with various drugs, like statins and pain meds.  In short Grapefruit juice potentiates or makes medications stronger!  Garlic is a strong anti-biotic, and that has been scientifically proven.  When you take grapefruit juice with garlic, it potentiates its effects, therefore, making it a more powerful anti-biotic.  I have yet to hear of anyone over dosing on garlic, so I think that this anti-biotic is a much safer choice to keep in the house with children.  There are no side effects, except maybe a little garlic breath and gas (if you take a ton of it).  Hey, at least the vampires will stay back if nothing else :)
This is the only anti-biotic I've ever used on my children to date, and along with Goldenseal, the only one I have personally used in over 5 years.  I am amazed at how well it works for my family, and I hope that it works for yours too.



Ingredients: 
1 Ripe grapefruit
1 clove of garlic (one section of a garlic head)

Directions:
Cut your grapefruit in half and squeeze juice into a glass (both halves)
Peel the skin from your garlic clove and discard
Chop garlic into tiny pieces (that you can swallow whole, like a pill)
Put the garlic pieces into your mouth, and swallow down with the grapefruit juice
DON'T CHEW IT UP! It'll burn your tongue.

Do this 3 times a day for 10 days

You can increase your dosage amount to 2 grapefruits juice, and 2 cloves if you really want to get a powerful dose in.

**I suggest buying a large bag of grapefruits and 2 heads of garlic, so you'll have plenty on hand.  ONLY USE FRESH PRODUCE.  The stuff in cans and jars have lost a lot of the properties that heal.

No comments:

Post a Comment