Thursday, November 8, 2012

Lentil Chili

I woke up at 5 o'clock this morning with a hankering for chili....  and because my husband wasn't here for breakfast, I can do whatever I want.  I can really get wild and crazy...which means chili, before 9a.m.! Wooooowhooo!  This recipe is pretty simple, and can be modified to your liking easily.

(GF) To make this gluten free, leave out the veggie crumbles.

Sorry for the ugly camera phone picture, my husband took the camera with him!
Ingredients:
1/2 Cup Lentils
1 Small-Medium onion diced
1 Large potato cubed (I used an organic yellow)
1 Cup of veggie crumbles (optional) (ex: boca burger, worthington, or make your own)
1 Can of Pinto beans
1 Can of black beans
1 Can of diced tomatoes (drained)
1 Can of tomato sauce (15 oz)
1 Tbs sea salt
2 heaping Tbs chili powder
1 dash of cayenne
1 Tbs beef style seasoning (optional)
1 Tbs miso (optional)


Directions:
Boil lentils, onion, and potato until soft
Drain off excess water
Add remaining ingredients and heat on medium heat until hot
Add or reduce salt to your needs :)
Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment