Thursday, August 8, 2013

Simple Homemade foaming Hand-soap

Like I mentioned before in one of my other Eco-me posts, it's going to take just a few simple ingredients, purchased in bulk to make ALL of your household cleaners, including the ones you bathe with.  One of the products that I want to always keep on hand is a natural Castile soap concentrate, like the many Dr. Brooner's Soaps available (at great prices, especially on Amazon).  Dr. Brooner's comes without fragrance, or with fragrance (100% essential oils only), and there are 18 different uses printed right on the label.  I was using my concentrate mainly for bathing the kids, but ever since my new journey into Do it yourself land, I've found new and interesting ways to use this liquid.  The great thing is that it's concentrated, so a little goes a long LONG way!  So without further-ado, I give you Foaming Hand-soap.  It is Ridiculously easy!


Ingredients:
~2 Tablespoons of Liquid Castile soap (Use a little more if you want it really soapy) (I used Rose Castile soap, because it's all I had on hand.  The smell isn't super loud, so it worked perfectly)
~3 drops of essential oil or Fragrance oil (optional, I used peppermint here)
~Water to fill dispenser
~Foaming soap dispenser (Re-use an old one, or purchase one for 89 Cents, right here at bulkapothecary.com)

**note- it has to be a foaming soap dispenser, otherwise your soap will come out watery and unmixed.

Directions:
Put your liquid castile soap into your dispenser bottle
Add Essential oil drops (if you choose to use one)
Fill with water to the neck of the bottle
Give a gentle shake

ENJOY!

I ordered 3 of these dispenser bottles; now we have homemade soap at our most used sinks.  One peppermint, one patchouli, and one "Coolwater"for the Man Sink.





**cas·tile soap  

Noun
Fine, hard white or mottled soap made with olive oil and sodium hydroxide (Lye).


No comments:

Post a Comment