Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Stuffed Spaghetti Squash

How delighted I am to tell you of todays adventure.  Just recently a friend asked me if I had experimented with spaghetti squash at all... I said no, because I don't have access to it.  Well, I'll be dog, I found it the next day at good old wally world.  OH! I can't tell you how rich and buttery the smell of them roasting is.  Pluggins should be scented "winter squash" for the fall season line.  This is my first experience with this lovely vegetable, so I imagine there will be many improvements made, but I had to share this absolute delight with you, while they're in season.  This recipe is for ONLY 1 squash, so if you're serving 2, double the ingredients.  Enjoy!

Stick a knife into squash 4 times for ventilation, and place on a pan.  Cook 1 hr or 1.5 hours for 2, on 350

Cut in half long ways, and de-seed with a fork

Scrape insides into a large bowl, and save the "shell"
Ingredients:
1 Spaghetti Squash
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. garlic salt
1 tsp. italian seasoning
2 Tbs. vegan bakon bits (most grocery stores carry a kosher, artificially flavored bacon bit)
1 heaping Tbs. of vegan butter (like Smart balance light or Earth balance)
1/2 Cup of Daiyah Mozzarella cheese (purchase from kroger or healthfood store)

Directions:
Add all ingredients into bowl with squash
Mix with fork and return to squash shells
Sprinkle the top with Daiyah and return to oven
Bake on 350 for 20 minutes, until cheese is melted


Voila!  Serve in the shell, or if you're serving several people, put in table center with dipping spoon

No comments:

Post a Comment