Sunday, September 9, 2012

Super Fast Blueberry Cobbler

If you know anything about blueberry cobbler, the last thing you think of is "super fast".  I personally, think of super slow, country, made from scratch, sat in the kitchen window to cool.  But this southern girl doesn't have time for that, most of the time.  Every now and then, you're hit with an impromptu invite to a social gathering, and oddly enough when you ask "what should I bring?" the answer is always the same, "bring a dessert".  That's been my experience anyway.  Super-fast and Vegan are rarely mentioned in the same sentence, at least until you've got this thing down to a science and have perfected the skill of baking in bulk.  One day while scrambling to come up with a dessert that wouldn't ruin my reputation, or make us an unfashionable 2 hours late, I threw together 2 pre-made ingredients, that just so happened to become the life of every social gathering.   I've promised and delayed for long enough.  Here is the secret to my super fast, super splendid, blueberry cobbler!


Ingredients:
2 cans of Pillsbury crescent rolls
1 can of pre-made blueberry pie filling (make sure it doesn't contain Gelatin! I use Lucky brand)

Directions:
In a medium sized, oiled, casserole dish, roll out one can of dough
Open your can of pie filling and pour onto dough, spread even with the back of a spoon
(Add additional blueberries if you want it really full, like pictured)
Roll out second can of dough on top of filling
Bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden tan

I use this dessert to entertain guest, except to make it exceptional, I serve it hot with a dollop of vegan ice cream on top.  Make you wanna slap somebody!

No comments:

Post a Comment